Who We Are
United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin (UCP-WCW) is a Non-profit organization in existence since 1954, serving over 600 families annually throughout 12 counties of West Central WI. UCP-WCW serves people of all ages with varying abilities. Sixty-five percent (65%) of our consumers/clients have a disability other than cerebral palsy.
The mission of United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities.
We strive to do this through a variety of services, giving people regardless of disability, an equitable opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of community life. Creating a ‘life without limits for people with disabilities.’
The following UCP agency services are provided to form a support network for people with disabilities and more information can be found under our programs menu:
- West Central Wisconsin Adult Follow-Up Evaluation Clinic at Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire;
- UCP provides consumers with technical assistance, information and appropriate referrals to other agencies and monitors implementation of those referrals;
- UCP provides recreational opportunities for all ages, a summer weekend adult camp is sponsored by the St. Croix Valley Disability Coalition and UCP;
- Individualized, personalized counseling is offered to the child, adolescent, or to the adult grappling with the acceptance of having a disability into his/her own life;
- UCP protects the legal and human rights of persons with disabilities as well as of their families (including rights to education, property, community services, social involvement and medical and therapeutic care;
- Through public education, UCP seeks to increase the sensitivity of people to the feelings, challenges and abilities of people with disabilities;
- UCP helps people with disabilities get and keep meaningful employment, independent housing, networking support and attendant care.
United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin serves families and individuals in 12 counties in West Central Wisconsin, including Barron, Buffalo, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, and Trempealeau.
The following table shows our Client base for the last 31 years: